Recipe for Schokolade Kuchen (Chocolate cake)
Recipe and picture by Betty-Bossi, used with permission.
Ingredients for a form with 24 cm (approx. 10 inches) diameter:
- 150 g (0.33 pounds) margarine
- 230 g (0.5 pounds) sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 g (0.2 ounces) of vanilla sugar
- 200 g (0.44 pounds) dark chocolate (e.g. Crémant)
- 125 g (0.28 pounds) grind almonds
- 125 g (0.28 pounds) grind plain biscuits (in the US known as crackers, must be unsalted !)
- 375 g (0.83 pounds) powder sugar
- 4 tablespoons chocolate powder
- Stir margarine until foam-like.
- Add sugar, yellow of the 6 eggs, salt and vanilla sugar, stir again.
- Dissolve chocolate in 3 tablespoons of water and add to the mixture.
- Add almonds and biscuits.
- Stir the white of the 6 eggs until stiff, add to the mixture and mix well.
- Grease form with margarine, pour mixture into form.
- Bake on lowest position in oven at 180°C (356°F) for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Mix powder sugar with 4 tablespoons of water. Put 1 tablespoon aside.
- Add chocolate powder to the rest of the mixture, add a few drops of water and stir.
- Let cake cool off after baking. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over cake.
- Form a small, funnel-shaped paper with a tiny opening. Put the mixture set aside in 1. into paper and draw 8 concentric circles on cake.
- Use a small knife and pull 8 lines from the center towards the edge and 8 lines from the edge towards the center alternating.
Hint: Store chocolate cake in the refrigerator.
Home | Administration | Cantons | Culture | Economy | Education | Geography | History | Statistics | Various | FAQ | Index | Search