Brunsli (Swiss brownies, Christmas treat)
Ingredients for approximately 50 cookies (depending on the size of a single cookie):
- 150 g (5 ounces) sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 g (9 ounces) grind almonds
- ¼ tea spoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of clove powder
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 fresh white of egg (about 70 g (2.5 ounces))
- 100 g (3.5 ounces) bitter chocolate
- 2 tea spoons of kirsch
- Mix sugar, salt, almonds, cinnamon, clove powder, cocoa powder and flour in a bowl.
- Add white of egg and stir until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Cut chocolate in real small pieces, pour hot water over the chocolate, let rest for about 5 minutes, then pour off all water except about half a tablespoon, stir until even. Now immediately proceed with the next step.
- Add melted chocolate from the previous step and the kirsch, knead to a soft dough.
- Roll out dough on a flat surface (it may be slightly covered with sugar), approximately 10 mm (0.4 inches) thick. Put out different shapes and put them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Let them rest for about 5 to 6 hours or over night in a dry place.
- Bake for about 4 to 6 minutes in the center of the pre-heated oven at 250 °C (480 °F).
- Let cool completely before serving.
Home | Administration | Cantons | Culture | Economy | Education | Geography | History | Statistics | Various | FAQ | Index | Search